Melasma is a condition, which may occur in younger women, and is influenced by both solar radiation and hormones. To prevent this common concern; Appropriate skin care is essential to maintain skin health through this phase of a woman's journey.
Melasma and abnormal pigmentation are caused by excess pigment (melanin) production in the skin's pigment cells (melanocytes).
Indo-Asian Skin is particularly sensitive to these environmental aggressors
- Prevention Skin damage starts very early
- .Combine daily protection with a combination of skin correctors and UV protection
For Early Blemish Control include : Vitamin C. Retinols Exfoliants
The problem with the traditional approach
- Melanin inhibitors (Compounds that prevent the melanocytes producing melanin). Face a problem overcoming the skin's natural Barrier
- Invasive Treatments They are expensive and require repeating
Your skin's natural Barrier
Blocking ingredients - and resist change
Obagi Systems Penetrate the skin Barrier
To Lighten your Blemishes.
The Obagi advantage
Obagi systems work by penetrating the surface of the skin to transform the function of the skin cells at a cellular level, correcting the damage from within!
For on-going skin maintenance, we can provide a tailored treatment plan
Your Obagi Solutions :
Are You Looking for a Melasma Treatment? Obagi Australia Can Help
If you’re searching for a melasma treatment, then you are likely dealing with dark spots or hyperpigmentation that you would like to correct. An increase in melanin production can make specific areas of the skin appear darker than the surrounding skin, leading to a range of issues. Some forms of hyperpigmentation are more likely to affect areas of skin that are exposed to the sun the most, including the face, arms, and hands. Other types may occur after an episode of skin inflammation or injuries, such as acne, burns, or cuts. At Obagi Australia, we offer a variety of skin care products designed to minimise the appearance of hyperpigmentation and provide you with smoother, clearer, more youthful-looking skin.
What You Should Know About Melasma Repair
Hyperpigmentation has many potential causes. If you want to treat this issue successfully, you must first understand what’s going on with your skin and why. There are several types of hyperpigmentation, such as melasma, sunspots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Some of the most common causes of dark spots on your skin include:
- Genetics. Some people are simply born with a predisposition to freckles, moles, and other dark spots. That’s because the melanin clusters in their skin are clumped together rather than spread evenly. This type of skin is often susceptible to the sun’s harmful rays, which means that sun protection is vital.
- Sun exposure. Speaking of the sun, excessive exposure is another common cause of hyperpigmentation in all skin types. You may not see the damage the sun is causing to your skin until you get older and these areas of damage rise to the surface in the form of age spots on your face, décolletage, and hands – areas commonly exposed to the sun.
- Hormones. Melasma is an umbrella term that refers to a range of hyperpigmentation conditions caused by hormones. For example, because it can be caused by hormone fluctuations, it is common in women who take birth control pills, who are pregnant, or who are going through menopause.
- Inflammation. If your skin is chronically inflamed, you may develop post-inflammatory pigmentation (PIH). This type of hyperpigmentation is common among people who experience acne, dermatitis, and Addison’s disease. Physical injury to the skin can also cause inflammation and leave permanent dark spots.
No matter the cause of your hyperpigmentation, there are some things that you can do to reduce its appearance and restore an even skin tone.
Tips Regarding Melasma & Hyperpigmentation Treatment
Most people have some form of hyperpigmentation, whether it’s age spots, post-acne scarring, or sunspots. Fortunately, there are several things that you can do to help fade dark spots and give your skin a smoother, more even appearance.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating your skin regularly helps promote the turnover of skin cells and the generation of new, undamaged cells. A product such as an exfoliating cleanser can help remove dead skin cells on the top layer of skin and encourage the growth of new skin that will look more youthful and rejuvenated.
- Use Vitamin C. Vitamin C works in multiple ways to provide you with healthy, youthful skin. Not only does it help stimulate collagen production, but it also inhibits tyrosinase, an enzyme required to produce melanin. That means that a product such as a facial serum containing vitamin C, such as Professional C Serum, can help you achieve the beautiful skin you want.
- Choose the right skincare system. The right skincare system can make all the difference when dealing with hyperpigmentation. Obagi Nu-Derm is a collection of Skin care products handpicked to address your concerns. This selection of products includes a foaming cleanser, toner, blender, moisturiser, and more – all chosen for their ability to help reduce the visible signs of ageing and other skin issues, such as redness.
Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
When you’re looking for a sensitive skin treatment or a treatment for hyperpigmentation, skin care products containing vitamin C are your best friends. This dark spot and facial scarring treatment work in numerous ways to help you achieve the complexion that you want. Here are some of the benefits of choosing vitamin C products for your skincare routine.
- It can help fade pigmentation and Melasma hyperpigmentation. If your goal is to get rid of dark spots, vitamin C is an ingredient that you want in your skincare products. Vitamin C serums and other Skin care products can help impede melanin production and lighten dark areas of the skin.
- It promotes the production of collagen. Vitamin C is known to increase collagen production. Collagen naturally depletes over time, and lower levels can lead to wrinkles and fine lines. Using skin care products that contain vitamin C can counteract this problem.
- It may help protect against sun damage. The damage to your skin that the sun can cause is due to defective molecules known as free radicals. These molecules are missing an electron – which they “steal” from other atoms, causing damage. Antioxidants in vitamin C fight this damage and help all the cells in your body stay healthy.
About Obagi Australia
For over 30 years, Obagi Australia has been supplying top skincare products designed to fight hyperpigmentation, age-related skin damage, facial scarring, wrinkles and fine lines, sun damage, and more. We help our customers discover the joy of having a glowing, youthful complexion achieved through tailored skincare solutions. If you’re looking for a hyperpigmentation or skin scarring treatment, contact us today.