Retinol is known to be able to take years off your appearance. After sunscreen, retinol is one of the most popular skincare ingredients recommended to keep the visible signs of ageing at bay. This vitamin A derivative helps promote collagen production and healthy cell turnover, resulting in more even, smoother skin. Here are a few of the specific benefits.
- Wrinkle prevention and reduction. Wrinkles and fine lines are a natural part of the process of ageing, but retinol can help prevent them from forming or reduce their appearance by smoothing them out and giving the skin a fresher, softer, more youthful look.
- Brighter skin. Exfoliation is essential to removing dead skin cells and encouraging new growth. Retinol exfoliates at the cellular level, resulting in brighter, smoother, and softer skin. Used regularly, products containing retinol can help you achieve a glowing complexion.
- Fewer breakouts. If you experience a lot of breakouts, retinol may be able to help, especially if your breakouts are aggravated by oily skin. Retinol can help regulate the oiliness of your skin and minimise the number of breakouts you experience.
- Help for dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is a condition that causes dark areas of skin due to excess melanin production. Because retinol can boost your natural rate of skin cell turnover, it can help treat these dark spots and provide a more even skin tone.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Skin Rejuvenation
Whether you opt for a retinol treatment or not, you have lots of options when it comes to improving your skin and addressing any specific skin concerns that you may have. However, there are also plenty of things you should not do. For best results, be sure to avoid these common mistakes.
- Neglecting sunscreen. Excess sun exposure causes a variety of skin problems, including hyperpigmentation, rough skin, and premature wrinkles. Sunscreen helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays and keep it looking its best, so be sure to use sunscreen every day – even during the winter months.
- Going to bed in makeup. When you’re exhausted at the end of a long day, it can be tempting to fall into bed without removing your makeup. Resist this temptation. You don’t have to wait for bedtime – the sooner you remove your makeup after a day (or night) out, the better.
- Touching up your makeup throughout the day. When you apply additional makeup during the day, such as foundation, powder, or concealer, you push the existing makeup deeper into the pores. Clogged pores can cause more problems, especially if you don’t remove all your makeup at night. Choose better-quality makeup that stays put to avoid the need for touch-ups.
About Obagi Australia
If you’ve been looking for the right anti-wrinkle serum, wrinkle cream, or other prescriptive skin care systems to help you achieve beautiful, healthy skin, Obagi Australia can help. For 30+ years, we’ve provided a range of prescription-strength skin care products designed to address a variety of skin issues and help promote clear, soft, youthful-looking skin. From peptide complex serum and Nu-Derm systems to retinol treatments and more, we have the top brands in skincare. We’re always happy to answer your questions, so don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about how we can help you.